verses from the soul

Sunday, May 14, 2006

MIDNIGHT DEW

That smile, that glance,
That walk, that look,
That puts me in a trance,
My world you shook.

So perfect, so fair,
With majestic, straight hair,
I thought you were mine for the taking,
But, alas, I was so wrong; my heart is breaking.

A feeling so pure, a feeling so true,
A feeling I have for few,
It was weird; it was great,
To spend my life with you, I thought was my fate.

So few of words, so full of power,
A power to overcome my desire,
To spend a night with you,
Under the moonlit sky; a fantasy, a blur.

And as you talk softly, so gracefully,
Time slows by, oh ever so slowly,
To hope that every second could be spent like this,
A wish, an opportunity I definitely would not miss.

So with all the sacrifices,
I was prepared to make for you,
Like a ship in the ocean wild that capsizes,
You declined me and broke my heart in two.

So in a barren desert you left me stranded,
Alone, confused and branded,
But no matter what you say or what you do,
My love for you, you have no clue.

But all I have to say before I go,
My love for you will forever flow,
As long as the Nile and as deep as the sea,
Without you, you know, I never will be free!



7 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger warrior_poet said...

a classic! love ur poem dude.....write more n more n more!
looking fwd to ur posts! :)

love,
shiv

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous poem, straight from the heart,my fave bit is the first bit, before it gets depressing,hehe.

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so gay dude! haha,just kidding of course,awesome poem man.i'll
be needing you to write my love letters from now on=)keep up the good
rhymes!!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger hvefuninlife said...

wow!! tht's awesomely long dude!

kool poem..
keep up da gud wrk!

gud luck
cheers!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey silly thili, great poem! very depressing and hearfelt...please write some more :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's lovely! Any lass will melt ;-) Keep it going!

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now see ur technique man... sometimes like yoda:
"My world you shook"
or "To spend my life with you, I thought was my fate"

You had a spoiler in he poem:
"I thought you were mine for the taking,
But, alas, I was so wrong; my heart is breaking."
You spoilt the suspense build-up, IMHO, because you see this girl that is simply wow, then u reveal the end quite early.
Good ending though. Yea I know, I look into the technique quite meticulously. Like i said in the comments for the previous poem, if u polish the technique you can express your intentions in a way that will leave a more lasting wow effect on the reader, u know, give the poem that "extra punch".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home